Los Angeles Roof Replacement Contractor
Whether you want to renovate your home or need a replacement for your existing worn-out, termite infested damaged, or leaking roof, you’ll need the services of a professional roof replacement company like AJ Reyes Roofing. Our in-house team has extensive knowledge of all roofing systems used in California. We can provide professional, comprehensive roof replacement services, from selecting the best materials to choosing the most suitable repair and replacement methods.
As an experienced California-licensed roof replacement contractor, we’ll ensure your new roof requires minimal maintenance and lasts as long as possible.
REQUEST FREE ESTIMATE
Five of the most common reasons to consider a residential or commercial roof replacement are age, leaks, damage, mold and mildew, and energy efficiency compliance.
- Aging and worn-out roofs: Whether you have a commercial building or a residential home, even the best-maintained roofs eventually wear out and require replacement. The average lifespan of a roof with proper maintenance varies depending on its materials, ranging between 15-30 years for asphalt shingles and up to 50 years for concrete tiles.
- Leaking roofs: If you notice persistent leaks or water intrusions in your commercial or residential building’s roof, consider replacing it as soon as possible. Failure to address a leaking roof may lead to structural damage, growth of mold and mildew, and water damage to the building’s interior.
- Damaged roofs: The most common cause of roof damage and deterioration in California is weather- and environment-related. The second most common cause of roof damage and deterioration is termite infestation. If your roof has been extensively damaged by exposure to the sun, severe weather events, overhanging trees, or wildlife activity like birds or rodents, you may need to replace it.
- Mold and mildew: Even if your roof isn’t leaking, factors such as high humidity levels, insufficient roof ventilation, or insulation issues can create the conditions to cause mold and mildew to grow and spread on your roof. Contact a commercial or residential roof replacement provider if you notice mold and mildew on your tiles, shingles, underlayment, or decking.
- Energy efficiency compliance: California regulations, such as the Title 24 Cool Roof Energy Standards, may require replacing your roof to meet the state’s energy efficiency standards. The state also encourages some commercial building owners to become solar-ready through regulations outlined by the California Energy Commission.
Types of Roofs We Can Replace
AJ Reyes Roofing is one of the most experienced roof replacement companies in California. We can work on any commercial or residential roof in the state.
Tile roofs use clay, concrete, or composite tiles. While they can last for up to 30-50 years with proper maintenance, depending on materials, a tile roof replacement job is a complex task that requires expertise.
AJ Reyes Roofing’s in-house roof replacement team will help you choose long-lasting tiles and ensure your roof’s underlayment and decking have the strength to support the tiles’ weight.
Flat roofs typically use metal, built-up roofing, or synthetic substances such as EPDM, PVC, TPO, or modified bitumen. These roofs usually last up to 30 years with proper installation and maintenance. AJ Reyes Roofing will ensure your flat roof meets the state’s rooftop structure regulations, such as slope angles, insulation, impact resistance, or energy efficiency.
Shingle roofs are typically more affordable than tiles or flat roof membranes. While roof shingles can be made of various materials, including plastics, slate, and composites, they are most commonly made of asphalt.
While asphalt shingles are relatively easy to install and replace, you should rely on the expertise of a professional roof replacement company to ensure your roof’s longevity and resistance to the elements.
Steps of a Roof Replacement Service
A roof replacement service is a complex, multi-step process best handled by professionals. AJ Reyes Roofing’s in-house roof replacement team is C-39 licensed and has over 25 years of experience repairing and replacing roofs for customers in Los Angeles and Southern California. The steps for a typical roof replacement service include:
Step 1: Roof Inspection
Our team will visit your property, assess your existing roof, and conduct an inspection to identify the extent of your roof’s wear and damage. We will then determine whether your roof needs replacement and what actions to take.
Step 2: Roof Replacement Estimate
If we determine your roof needs a replacement, we will provide you with a roof replacement estimate and how it compares with the average cost of a roof replacement. We’ll also provide a detailed project proposal, including a complete scope of work, a list of materials, and a breakdown of the roof replacement costs.
Step 3: Roof Replacement Materials
After accepting our project proposal, we will work with you to select the best roofing materials for your needs. We’ll provide advice and guidance so you can choose the best combination of material durability, colors, and styling.
Step 4: Local Permits
Once we obtain all necessary building permits in accordance with all local and state regulations, we will begin preparing your existing roof for the replacement job. This step of the process involves the removal of your old roof’s materials, a second inspection of your underlayment and roof deck, and, if necessary, repairs and maintenance.
Step 5: Roof Replacement Construction
Our team will replace your old roofing materials with the new ones you’ve selected. We will conduct the installation process in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements and the industry’s best and latest practices.
Step 5: Post Roof Inspection
Once your roof has been replaced, we will conduct a final inspection, then proceed with the cleanup phase, ensuring your roof is clean, safe, and free of debris.
Hire a Professional Roof Replacement Service in California
If you need to replace your roof, contact AJ Reyes Roofing to get $1,000 off roof replacements. AJ Reyes Roofing has a full in-house roof replacement team to help save homeowners and commercial building owners money in labor cost. We pride ourselves on using our extensive industry experience and skill to deliver high-quality services to all our customers in the Los Angeles area.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
To get your insurance provider to cover the costs of a roof replacement service, review your existing insurance policy and check whether it covers the type and extent of your roof’s damage. If it does, document as much evidence of the damage as possible with detailed photographs or video footage.
After gathering the evidence, contact your insurance provider and initiate a claims process. Follow your insurance provider’s instructions to obtain repair estimates and ensure they send an insurance adjuster to evaluate your roof’s damage. Once they assess the extent of the damage to your roof, they will provide you with a claim settlement based on your specific policy.
The average roof replacement cost in California varies depending on multiple factors, such as the size of your roof, the materials used, its structure and complexity, the slope angle used, and whether your underlayment, decking, and other roof elements require repairs.
An average single-family home has a roof square footage of about 2,000 square feet. An average-sized roof can cost between $11,000 and $49,000 to replace in California. However, the slope angle can affect replacement costs.
For instance, the average cost per square foot on a flat or low-slope roof is $3.50 to $4.50, whereas a conventional-slope roof costs $5.50 to $24.50, and steep-slope roofs may cost up to $40 per square foot.
The average length of a roof replacement project varies depending on its size, complexity, local weather conditions, materials used, slope angle, and the extent of repairs needed. A roof replacement project for an average residential home requires no more than one day under ideal conditions. Large and complex roofs may require three days or more.
Hiring a professional roof replacement team such as AJ Reyes Roofing is the best way to ensure your roof replacement project is completed quickly and successfully. We will provide you with an estimated timeline for your roof replacement and we will work efficiently to ensure it is completed on time.